Thursday, February 2, 2012

February Funnies

Ellie
  • "Mom, all that dinner we just ate made me hungry."
  • Tay kept asking you over and over again to look at what she was drawing. You told her several times that you couldn't see. After her asking you again you finally said (very exasperated) "Tay. 2 words. Can't. See."
  • "When dragons sneeze, how come snot doesn't come out of their noses, but fire does?"
  • You are the first Mondragon to break a bone. You were rolling off of the couch onto the floor and came upstairs crying and saying that you just wanted to go to bed. The next morning you couldn't sit yourself up in bed and right then I knew your collarbone was broken. We got you to the Dr and sure enough it was a broken clavicle. You felt very important when you had to get your x-rays taken, and also when the waitress asked you what had happened when we took you to breakfast afterwards. You pushed your chair back very slowly, stood up and said "Be careful, because I have a broken calla-bone." 01/18
  • "I bet it's hard to laugh with a broken funny bone."
  • When Reese was trying a pepperoni for the first time you told her "Don't eat it Reese! Trust me, it tastes like mint!"
  • You went outside with Aunt Britt to check for eggs and when you got back inside you told Britt "Brrr, it's 5 inches cold outside!"
  • You and Reese were arguing about how old Asher was. Reese kept saying he was 5 and you kept saying said no, he was 4. A little while later you said that Asher was 5. Britt said "I thought you said he was 4?" You replied "No I didn't, I said Nasher was 4." B-"Whose Nasher?" E-"He's just a guy I knew when I was a baby."
  • Reese said "Ellie, your so smart." You replied "I'm not smart, I'm inventive."

Reese

  • You were the best nurse for Ellie when she broke her collarbone. Wouldn't leave her side and made sure she had plenty of cereal to snack on while healing. Your such a tender heart.
  • "Did you know that robots poop nails?" Ellie piped up and yelled "Yeah, and they pee oil!" Gross.
  • You were playing with your sister and said "Come on honey!" You saw me watching you guys and reassured me "Don't worry mom, I said honeys because they are my kids, NOT my boyfriend!"
  • "Do mushrooms taste like Jello?"
  • You know what shows you are and are not allowed to watch. You came running upstairs and yelled in a panic "Mom, house of a mucus is on! (House of Annubis)
  • "You know that we all have our very own spirit, right mom?"
  • "Mom, I've been thinking about something. Is Hopie buried next to Martin Luther King?"

Taytum

  • You and Brielle had gotten out all of your toys and had made a huge mess. I came upstairs and said "What the heck!" after seeing the mess. You said "Don't worry mom, we'll clean it up." I said "Darn tootin'your going to clean it up." You put your Barbie down and got a bit of a crestfallen look on your face, turned to Bri and said "Sorry my mom said toot Brielle."
  • You were eating Fruit Loops and would pick out a yellow one and say "this one tastes like lemon" and pick up a green one and say "this one tastes like a lime." Next you picked up a purple fruit loop and said "this one tastes like purple."
  • You were playing with Beck and I was watching you from the door. You said "Brother, I think you pooped, let me check" and leaned over and gave his caboose a big old sniff. You recoiled in disgust and said "Ew!!! Yep. That's broccoli diarrhea."
  • You are very much in a stage right now where you threaten me or others. You'll say "Mom, you want me to play with your hair right? Then let me watch Mulan or I'll never play with your hair again." Things like that. I sure hope this stage is over very soon.

Beck

  • You call candy nandy and are constantly asking for it.
  • You were taking a nap by me in my bed and were sound asleep. All of the sudden you yelled out "No piepad!" then fell right back to sleep. Even in your dreams you are all consumed with the "Piepad."
  • You loving grabbing daddy's hand and saying, "Come on dad! Shoot!" and lead him upstairs to play basketball in your room. Dad has never been so proud.
  • You peed in the big boy potty for the first time! No success since, but you do love sitting there and emptying an entire roll of TP into the toilet.
  • You act so grown up. You follow your sisters and cousins around and are always trying to do whatever they are doing. You love coloring with Tay. You love "playing" the Wii with E & R. Your so big. Please stop.
  • You survived croup and a double ear infection. As I was getting you redressed to leave the Dr's office you refused to put your shirt back on and I literally had to wrestle you for a good 5 minutes to get it back on you. You kept screaming "No shirt! COAT!! NO SHIRT!!! JUST COAT!" I'm sure the racket you were making, combined with the crumpling of the tissue paper table cover sent the kids in the next room into hysterics as well.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I LOVE your blog Hillary. It always makes me laugh. Adorable kids. It's good to remember the cute things. ;)