Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Cookies and Holiday Hearts




I always have visions of "The Perfect Christmas Cookie Bake-athon" with my kiddies. Matching Christmas aprons, chef's hat, a relatively clean kitchen, homemade dough and frosting, tiny adorable ramekins(preferably red to match the aprons) that hold all assortments of sugars and jimmies. Then I realized that the only things the kids care about are the sprinkles, so the pressure was off. They loved decorating store-bought cookie dough (Gasp!) with store-bought frosting (the horror!!) and dog-piling sprinkles on top of sprinkles. And guess what? They had the time of their lives...even without Christmas themed aprons.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We really make Christmas more stressful than we need to, I think. I'm one of the worst, for sure. If we were more like our kids, Christmas would be more magical and less stressful....way messier, but less stressful. :)