Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!











Yeehaw, it's Halloween!! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and I always want a theme to the costumes (hey, I am a stay at home mom, this is what I live for!) so this year it was Cowboys, Cowgirls and Cowpokes!! I had fun putting the girls costumes together, and Taytum was so snuggly and warm in her cute cow costume!! We had a pretty good Halloween. It was Tay Tay's first Halloween (fun fact: last year on Halloween night Kell and I found out we were preggers with our third little "ghoul"), so that was fun. The girls are now realizing the sweet glory of candy, so the looks on their faces were pretty priceless when they realized people were giving them candy just for saying 3 magical words...Trick or Treat. The girls went to daddys work party on Thursday and got some goodies, then the next day was Halloween, so of course we went to our wards Trunk or Treat. I am going to be honest-I dont know if I love Trunk or Treat. I feel like it shouldn't be on Halloween, but maybe the weekend before. I wish they would hand out some official rules at General Conference or something. Anyways, the girls went around to about 20 cars then they were done. I on the other hand wanted them to hit the streets hard so I could feed my candy addiction (literally) but they were pretty distracted with their Tootsie Pops that they got from the first car and couldn't really keep their eyes on the prize. So it was pretty fun for them, but nothing like when I was a kid. I guess Halloween, like everything else in this world is just different than when I was younger. I felt safe eating the homemade popcorn balls that my children will never experience unless I take them to the airport where they can run it through the x-ray machine to make sure no one has hidden razor blades or drug paraphanelia in them...sigh...the good ole' days. Hope everyones Halloween was spooktacular!!
PS-You can see all of our current videos and lots more pics at mondragonspace.com
PPS-Am I the only one that is fed up with the 12 year old boys putting on a black sweat suit and white make-up on their face and going out trick or treating? I want to ask them when they come to the door that if they can explain exactly what they are, rather than a mooch, then yes, I will give you the coveted minuature Butterfinger (which, for some reaon is 3000 times more delicious than the normal sized.) So to all of you that send your kids out as "Sweat Suit Weirdos" please give them a pair of black pantyhose to put over their eyes and go as burglars, because really, isnt that what a 13 year old going trick or treating is anyways?

7 comments:

Jed Eastman said...

You guys look fantastic! Yeepikayah! Great job on the post to...at this rate you'll be a pro blogger in no time.
Can't wait to see more pics and vids.

RyAnn Thompson said...

Great themed costumes! YOu all look adorable! I too miss the good ol' days when Halloween was much safer and cooler. Also, after ready this post I broke down and ate a mini butterfinger, so thanks for breaking my candy strike at work rule :-P

sheri said...

Cuter cowgirls have never been! And cow! How old was Kelly before he stopped trick or treating? It is always boys that want candy after they turn 13, girls just are figuring out how bad the stuff is for you by then and don't worry about getting more!

The Vaughn Family said...

Seriously hysterical...I really think that Hillary should be a stand up comedienne. I really think that we have the cutest neices in the world, can I get an 'amen' Jared, Ry, Jed and Heathe?

Heather said...

Amen honey!

RyAnn Thompson said...

AMEN! I miss them all soooooo much!!!!

RyAnn Thompson said...

Okay its been like 17 days since your last blog post....time to UPDATE PLEASE!!! pretty please? :-)