Thursday, September 17, 2009

Status Updates

It's been a while since my last post, and as there are things going on constantly, we haven't done anything super exciting. So, here are some updates on my favorite puddin-faces in the world:

Ellie:

  • LOVES bugs. Daddy has a very expensive, very detailed book on bugs that Ellie will fall asleep with on a lot of nights because she LOVES looking at them. Needless to say the very expensive book is now wrinkled, ripped and some of the pages stick together (so I let her eat a PB&H sandwich while looking at it, ok?!)
  • Loves squishing bugs
  • Loves robots (what am I, raising a dude here?!)
  • Dosen't love Ratatouille
  • Is turning into the "Heather" of the relationship. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVED being bossed around by Heather growing up, and now I can see that in Ellie and Reese's relationship.
  • Weighs 34.3 lbs
  • Really, really hates getting flu shots
  • When asked to clean she tells me she is "weally, weally tired" Ok, so maybe she is the "Hillary" of the relationship, I don't know.
  • Is very loveable and gets excited by the simple things in life-flocks of birds, a butterfly, cheetos.

Reese:

  • Also, LOVES bugs.
  • Dosen't love squishing them though. That is where her Knightress in Shining Armor Ellie comes into play. Reese looks at Ellie like she just saved her life when Ellie squishes a potato bug that is meandering towards her general direction.
  • Loves cereal-wants it every single morning within a minute of waking up. Yesterday I made it a special occasion and made pancakes. Reese looked at her plate and said "This isn't cereals."
  • Weighs 33.3 lbs.
  • Is definitly the tenderheart of the two...reminds me of someone...
  • Loves to say "Look what I can do" and do random things like blink her eyes, smile big, or shake her head back and forth...we are so proud of her accomplishments!
  • Is always saying "Just a little bit."-"I'm just going to go outside just a liitttllle bit" (the little is always drawn out) or I'm just going to eat Hershey syrup from the bottle a liiittttllle bit" It's adorable how she can justify anything with a "little bit."
  • Loves telling people her name is Sissy Mondragon.
  • Loves everyone and gives kisses, hugs and snuggles to prove it. Even to perfect strangers. Awww.




Taytum:

  • Is walking, talking and getting into EVERYTHING!
  • Loves to have her arm rubbed to get her to sleep. In exchange, when she is really tired she will rub your arms until you have matching Indian burns.
  • Really, really loves her Papa. It may have something to do with the licorice he always has in his pocket, we're not really sure.
  • Weighs 22 lbs
  • Loves helping mommy unload the dishwasher. I will stand by the silverware drawer and she will bring me the silverware one piece at a time (I've removed the sharp knives before this takes place...what kind of a mother do you think I am?!)
  • When anyone raises their voice around her (which NEVER happens in this house!) her little bottom lip automatically sticks out and she is ready for the tears.
  • Loves bracelets, shoes, socks and phones...she is a true lady.
  • Is the most cuddly bug around.



Baby#4

  • Is about 7 weeks old
  • Is the size of a pea
  • Will be a freshman when his/her sisters will be seniors and a junior.
  • Is making his/her mommy and daddy very happy and very nervous at the same time.
  • Is making his/her daddy buy his/her mommy a new, bigger vehicle as to fit him/her in.
  • Better be a boy for his/her daddy's sake.
  • Is completing our family-we can't wait to see you in June Baby Mondragon-we already love you so much!

10 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Hill!!! I totally loved this blog!!! What a wonderful idea...your sweet girls just about melt my heart!!! And there is nothing in this world that could be better for your twiners...than to be like their mommy and aunt Heath!!!

Oh...;)

CONGRATS ON THE PREGGO-ness!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! (fingers crossed for you that it's a boy!!) That is wonderful news!!!!

Rachel said...

AAAHHHH! Congratulations, Hill. Thats awesome and so exciting. I'll pray it's a boy for you. (What, are you saying you can't pray to have what you want?! Yes, yes you can.) :)

Alison said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!

I loved reading all about your girls. I'm so sad I don't get to see them. :(

Heather said...

I love it Hill! I'm glad the cat is out of the bag so I can finally talk about it with people! (uh, wait, I guess we don't run with the same crowd anymore, do we?)
PS. Love the updates!

Chris, Emily, Ryker & Larkyn Allen said...

Oh how exciting! I am crossing my fingers for Kell to get his boy. You wont know what to do with a little boy...hee hee! Congrats!

Sharon said...

As I was reading the beginning of your post I was thinking...."She has her hands full, I feel like I have my hands full with 2, but she has 3!" And then I saw that #4 is on the way! Congrats!!! That is super exciting. You will definitely have your hands full now! It would be fun for you to have a boy...they are really fun. I hope to have a girl next (no, I am not saying that it is going to be any time soon...)

P.S....I added you to my friends and family list, are you happy??? Just kidding, I'm not sure why you weren't on there because I do check your blog, I think I just get to it from Heathers!

Jed Eastman said...

a. love the pics Hill (you know i had to say something about the pics). proud of you for how good you're getting.
b. can't tell you how excited i am to see mondragon kid v4.0! muchos congratos!!!
c. ellie's bossy...sounds a tiny bit like H sometimes (sorry H, love you). too tired to clean? sounds nothing like H. reese wants cereal the minute her eyes open? sounds EXACTLY like H. :)

love the updates. love you guys. love moving closer to you so you're only a short-ish drive away whenever i have a hankerin' to take pics of adorable kiddies.

ps. the "word verification" for this comment is "acking." sounds too much like "yacking" to me. c'mon blogger, clean it up, wooodja?

Stacy said...

Congratulations! I love how you did this post, VERY cute!!!

RyAnn Thompson said...

This post gets a 10/10 score....actually you get extra credit for such an amazing post so 15/10 score...I just LOVE IT with the little tidbits of the girls and baby#4!~ Can't wait to see you all in SF for Thanksgiving!!! Ya, its happening...;-)

sarah marie. said...

congrats hill!