Monday, August 6, 2012

July Funnies

Ellie:

  • To yourself, while eating Cocoa Puffs "If I planted this Cocoa Puff, I could grow a Cocoa Puff tree."
  • Calling a heartbeat a heartbeep
  • Seeing that daddy brought home a carton of kiwis "Aww, little coconuts."
  • You were examining a fly rub his hands (paws...legs...tentacles??) together, then asked "Is that fly putting on lotion?"
  • To yourself during dinner "I'm working hard on this food."
  • Out of the blue "I can't believe dogs eat their own poop."
  • "Copper, if you were a talking dog, then I could understand what you want."
  • "When are the instruction (instead of construction) people coming back to work on our house?"
  • Calling Tom and Jerry Larry and Jerry 
  • You and daddy had a date to Cafe Rio.  You and dad were competing to see who could get the better bite of salad.  You got the perfect bite and said "This bite is going to rock the house!"
  • We went to the Drive-In, but stopped first for food.  Once we got there I said to daddy "I don't think we're supposed to bring in outside food."  We got to the ticket booth, where a sign had a No Alcoholic Beverage sign, with a picture of a beer bottle with a slash through it, but there wasn't a No Outside Food sign.  You said with relief "Oh good, we can bring in food, just not syrup."  You thought the picture of a beer bottle was a bottle of syrup.  It was so adorbs.
  • I told you I was sad you were getting so big, and didn't want you to grow up anymore.  You said "Mom, I have to grow up, and find a husband, and find workers to build me a house, so I can start laying kids."  You've been around chickens too long.
  • You lost your first tooth on Sunday, August 5th.  You received $1.50 and a sweet letter from the Tooth Fairy.  Yay!
Reese
  • While Grandma Linda was in Florida "Is Grandma Linda still in Canada?"
  • "Mom, I know what stars are...dead people."
  • After seeing me with no eye make-up on you said "Whoa mom, where are your eyelashes?!"
Taytum
  • While picking up daddy's computer bag you asked "What does daddy keep in his purse?"
  • "Mom, turn down the vacuum!!"
  • After you hurt your mouth, you came up to me crying.  Between sobs you said "Mom...I think I need braces now."
  • You had a complete meltdown because you didn't want a birthmark.
  • While doing Reese's hair before church I said "Sis, let's do special pigtails...what should we call them?"  Ellie shouted from the next room "How about Twisted Piggie?"  You quickly replied "He has a name Ellie...it's Kelly."  I was rolling.
Beck
  • Reese said "Ew, Beck is stinky!"  You shouted back "No he's not!"
  • You are still in love with your orange basketball shorts.  You wear them every day and still cry when I take them off to wash them.  I tried putting on a pair of nice khaki shorts when we were heading to the zoo, and you took them right off and threw them in the garbage. 
  • You love fighting daddy, Asher, papa and Eli.  
  • You are always getting hurt, and usually all you need is a kiss from mommy, and the tears dry right up and off you go again.  
  • The construction workers came to dig the hole in the backyard and you shouted out "Mom, where's my hammer?!"  You are obsessed with "works" and can almost always be found with a tool in hand.  You were outside, kinda walking funny, so I walked over to you and you had a 8 inch long screwdriver stuck down your shorts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's up w/ the screwdrivers? Honestly, Ike finds one everyday and starts hitting everything and everyone! I can't believe Ellie lost a tooth, none of Mags are even close :-P but everyday she's feeling around for one. I hope you guys have had a great summer!