Monday, January 31, 2011

January What What

I made a New Years resolution to keep better records of the things my little darlings say and do on a daily basis, so that when I eventually print this blog into a scrapbook (yeah right), I have my own little version of Kids Say the Darndest Things. For the last month I have been keeping a running list of all the adorable/zany/silly things my kids do and say, as well as their accomplishments, so that hopefully I will remember all the fun, amazing and precious moments of my kiddos lives. Like when Taytum pooped in the tub and blamed it on Spongebob. Adorable. So sorry if this gets a little long, but hey, it's for my posterity alright?!

Ellie
  • Holding up a penny and saying "This is Penny. Nickel is his last name."
  • While out running errands we pulled up to the bank and you said "This must be errands house."
  • Tay asked you to spin her in the computer chair. You got such a disgusted look on your face and said "No Tay, I'm not going to spit on you!"
  • You leared about bears at school and came home proclaiming "I need a break from my sissy's right now. I am going in my bed to hibernate."
  • You were so confident getting up in Primary and giving your talk on being a Child of God. So proud of you.
  • After one particularly bad day, mom was yelling at you about making a mess. You got such a sad look on your face and said "Mom, this isn't how Jesus wants you to act." Nothing like being put in your place by a 4 year old.
  • Almost every morning you come into our room announcing you are ready to snuggle...I hope you never are too old for that.
  • Making sure your sisters get their string cheeses, vitamins or toothbrushes before you. You are so selfless-you'll make a great mommy someday :)
Reese
  • You came in the room playing a soft lullabye on your Leapster. You told me you found it for Beck to help him sleep. So sweet.
  • Almost every prayer, without fail, you bless Oscar that he will be safe in heaven and that he will watch over Hopie and Jesus. Double sweet.
  • During a lull in dinner you blurted out "Did you know that octopus don't have any bones?!"
  • Another time you were pestering me by saying "Mom, mom, MOM, MOM" over and over until I finally said "WHAT??!" and you replied, very timidly, "I just wanted to tell you that sloths sleep during the day, so they are nocturnal."
  • I was laying in bed with you and asked what you would like to do in the morning. You said "Uh, go to China I guess." I asked you what you would like to do in China, and you said "Eat rice and noodles." News flash: We can go to Canton City for that.
  • Whenever you get dropped off at Grammy's house or a playdate you say "Now remember mom, it's not for big guys, only for us little guys."
  • You are such a peacemaker-always being the first to say "I love you" after a fight.

Taytum
  • Oh Tay. What am I going to do with such a strong-headed little muffin such as yourself? You have all your decisions made and nothing, and I mean nothing, can sway your choice. Like when you wore a Christmas tutu with your pink nail polish shirt (you fave!) and a crazy hat and insisted on wearing it into the store.
  • Putting on my deodorant and sticking your little armpit right in my nose saying "Smell."
  • Coming up to me after I got ready to go to a meeting and saying "Your blue sweater and curly hair look Boootiful!"
  • Looking up from your cereal and out of the blue asking me "Mom....are you frustrated?"
  • You and your sisters were playing house. You were the mommy and sissy's were the babies. You put them in Beck's crib and told them "If you get out of this bed I am going to SPANK YOUR FACES!" Sidenote: For the record I have never threatened to spank and of my children's faces.
  • Yelling for me to get you out of the tub before you "freak out."
  • You have hats. Lots of hats. 11 to be exact. Not including dress up hats. It takes you a long, long, long time to pick out the hat you'd like to wear. To go walking. Down the stairs. For breakfast.
  • You are a fancy girls. We lovingly call you Fancy Taytum. You are rarely without something sparkley on. Always accessories. Always shoes. Always lipstick. You are divalicious and loving it.
  • Always asking "Is this cute?" "Is she cute?" "Do I look cute?"

Beck

  • You are a mama's boy through and through. When I walk in a room your eyes light up and you put that little head down and crawl with all your might to get to me. Makes my insides turn into jello.
  • You really shocked mommy when I left you downstairs for a minute to get something from my bedroom and when rounded the corner you were grinning from ear to ear...on the very top step.
  • Laughing so hard when Taytum jumped off the couch. You two are so close it makes me melt.
  • Daddy and I have pegged a name for your nightly ritual. We call it the "Sleep Roll." You will roll from one side of the bed to the other, disregarding any and all things in your path...books, toys, faces. Doesn't matter, nothing is safe from The Sleep Roll.
  • Your sleep habits are getting worse and worse, so we have officially started to let you cry it out. Daddy is much stronger than mommy.
  • Mom bought you a Utah Jazz outfit. Dad almost cried. You wear it when you watch the games with daddy. Go Jazz!
  • We are expecting you to start walking pretty soon. You have mastered walking along all the furniture and just need to hold on with one hand ever so slightly to keep from falling.

Here's hoping that this is one resolution I can stick to.

3 comments:

sheri said...

I LOVE this blog! This is going to make a great book someday, so, makesure you keep it up! Now, if your sister will do the same......

Lacey Sue said...

Seriously Hill, your kids are truly hilarious little bundles of sunshine! I am thinking this is a great resolution and may start doing it myself...even though..now at 7- most of the things Aspen says make sense ;)! hehehehe

Heather said...

Love everything about this post.