Monday, August 9, 2010

The Zoo...again.







Can I just say right off the bat that I really don't love the zoo? Does that make me a bad person? My children love the zoo, but if I were carted around in a stroller or baby bjorn I would love the zoo too. Regardless of my love/hate relationship with the zoo, we go every year, and every year the animals are so freaking hot and lethargic that they are never out, but instead are trying to find the one quarter of an inch of shade so they don't keel over and die. One can sympathize. This year was no exception, but we had a very excuse to go. Our good friends the Pauliches had their daughter Claire's second birthday party there. They had a wonderful lunch for us and cupcakes for dessert. We also rode on the train with them, which in my opinion is the best part of the zoo, because you get to sit down. This was Beck's first zoo outing and I am saddened to say that we didn't get a pic of him next to the lion fountain *hanging head in shame* but I just told myself not to be too sad. We'll get one next year. Sigh.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great time!

Anonymous said...

i don't love the zoo either--maybe that's why we haven't been this summer! i just feel like once you've seen an animal, how much can they change??? i know for a fact i wouldn't appreciate Yellowstone either:)

Bonnie said...

I don't like the zoo either, Hill! So, why, you may ask did I buy season passes this year??? I don't know. The only fun I've desperately clung to is cute baby Zuri, the elephant. I'm so glad to hear someone else feels the same. (P.S. I can't believe I haven't met Beck!!) I'm the worst friend in the world!

RyAnn Thompson said...

I only half like the zoo..but looks like you all had a great time! Fun!